Thursday, September 15, 2005

There's more news about redheads ...

... in the Grauniad.

An earlier Blog (Aug 10th) noted that redheads feel less pain then others. Well, it now seems that redheads are more sensitive to the cold than brunettes. Whether we are more sensitive than blondes or those with no hair at all remains open to question.

This is what Vanessa Collingridge, a red-headed television presenter and author, had to say:
"I am like a reptile because I am so cold-blooded. I have caught hypothermia twice while filming in Scotland - and that was during the summer."

Has she not heard of the Damart ThermalRange?


She then adds:
"Redheads are known for having lower pain thresholds and my midwife even warned me when I was giving birth to my son Archie. I usually need a double dose of anaesthetic when I go to the dentist."

Apparently,
"... the presence of a ginger gene means many redheads need extra doses of anaesthetic during surgery because they suffer pain more acutely."

Zzzzzzzz. Pass the ketamine, will you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home