Thursday, September 29, 2005

Try something new ...

I'm turned off by Jamie Oliver being laddish, yet worldly, in those Sainsburys TV adverts. And once Sainsburys puts as much effort into customer service as Tesco, it'll be better for them and for us.

So, I was surprised to find myself responding to Sainsburys Try Something New Today campaign. I don't much like imperatives, including being told to be 'adventurous' this autumn. If my adventures between now and December amount to nothing more than a few additional items in a shopping basket, it will have been a dull few months.

I did, though, find myself buying some cream cheese to stir fry with leeks. They suggest too to "Try cutting pears with gorgonzola cheese". A task surely too difficult with even the most over-ripe of pears and strongest of gorgonzolas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home