Sunday, October 30, 2005

Revels ...

My flatmate, Leon, and I have found an advert that worked. Wanting, too, to face the challenge of the unwanted centre, we got some Revels.

This got us talking about the flavours. My flatmate's boyfriend, who grew up in Poland, got stuck at three - although he did mention 'raisin' which was either a fortunate guess or gave the game away that he was a relatively recent taster.

Leon and I both got six, but both included peanuts and I was sure there was a seventh - coconut. After some research, it's clear that others have carried out an examination of Revels with a greater degree of enterprise than we could muster from our sitting room sofas - that study having a concern to examine the numbers and distribution of types of sweets per bag. However, the research was underaken prior to the exchange of peanut with raisin - this substitution coming in for a not insignificant degree of criticism.

As for coconut? Well, my memory proved correct, it used to be included (when was it removed I wonder?) They should stop messing around with our coconut sweets - whatever happened to that cardboard tray that held the bounty bar duo so snugly?

My favourite? Well, it was coconut. But now I settle for the comparatively rare coffee creme - it's a perverse pleasure, which suits me. Leon's favourite is the chocolate one, got up to look like a naked minstrel, and he's most happy avoiding the coffee cremes. My least favourite? The toffee. While called 'fudge' on the packet, it's rather too solid for that and I worry about my fillings.

1 Comments:

At Friday, April 21, 2006 7:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, this section on revels has settled a pub bet, earning a friend £50 and chocolate bragging rites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home